Demonstrate your commitment to following health and safety recommendations established
by national and local public health officials at the US Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention, the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control and the University of South Carolina.
It only takes a few minutes to save lives.
Columbia Residence Pledge
I pledge to do my part to keep our community in good health.
I understand I have a role in the fight against COVID-19 and pledge to take responsible actions when among my fellow citizens in Columbia.
I will demonstrate personal integrity, respect for others, and support the health and safety of the greater Columbia community by:
- Following public health guidelines in place to better protect myself and others.
- Protecting myself and others in high-traffic areas or settings where physical distancing isn’t possible to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Keeping my hands clean and sanitized when out in the community.
- Adhering to capacity limits in social situations to prevent high-spread scenarios.
- Modifying my actions and encouraging others to do the same as guidelines and recommendations adapt over time.
By taking the pledge, I accept responsibility for myself and my actions and will do my best to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to help keep Columbia safer for all.
By submitting my name below, I Pledge Columbia: